Checklist for a pleasant stay
· Come prepare for the train rides and the ferry. The duration from Groningen to Ameland is long so bring plenty of food and games to entertain one another.
· Prepare summer clothing, but also warm clothes in case it gets cold at night.
· The same counts for the shoes. Especially for the bicycle tour and the waddenhop.
· In case of nausea bring your medicine with you all time.
· Do try to adapt to the costumes of Ameland. It is a part of the Frisian province, but is still has their own culture and habits.
· Don’t try to over pack too much (heavy bags). This will be uncomfortable when traveling a long distance
· Don’t forget your identity pass. This is helpful for if there is an emergency. Some bike rental stores require an identity pass.
· Health insurance is a must for all Dutch natives. This is important to have when going on any vaction. In case of emergency you are protected against all cost.
· Any other important documentation that you might think is important for people in wheelchair are advice to bring with you. Also in case of any emergency.
Emergency numbers on Ameland:
Fire emergency number
Police emergency number in Nes:
Telephone: 0900 – 8844